General Info and Rules
The Boro Buggy Bash is Murfreesboro's first and only all-in-one competition, costume party, food drive, fundraiser, relay race, way-too-much-fun day of hunger relief you'll ever have! Our goal is simple: to create a Hunger Free Tennessee, and have fun doing it in a whimsical, family-friendly atmosphere! The 'Boro Buggy Bash will be held on Saturday, June 9th at The Experience Community church parking lot. Check-in will start at 8:30, with race rules being revealed at 9:30, and the race will begin at 10.
Here's how it works:
Gather Your Team: First, gather your team, anywhere from 4-8 people. This can be your family, friends, small group, trivia team, business, youth group, realty team... anyone can 'Boro Buggy Bash! Create a fun team name, and choose a team leader - your "Bash Boss." Your Boss will then fill out the registration form for your team. (Click here for the registration form.) Registration fee is $25 per person - for every $1 donated, we are able to provide enough food for 10 to 15 meals, so your registration fee provides enough food for 250 to 375 meals for our neighbors in need! (And also a t-shirt!) Registration fees can be paid here.
Host a Food Drive: Next, to prepare for race day on Saturday, June 9th, start gathering food donations! Your team will be required to bring at least 70 lbs. of food to the event. So, host a food drive within your work, church, family, etc. Please bring food within these 6 main categories: 1) Peanut butter and jelly 2) Beans, rice, and pasta 3) Canned chili and soups 4) Canned fruits 5) Canned vegetables 6) Canned meats (tuna, Vienna sausages, etc.) If you have more than 70 lbs. of food, that's great too! Bring it all the day-of. Or, if you have A LOT of food (150+ lbs.) you can drop it off at our warehouse prior to the event. We will weigh it in and be sure it is added to your team totals.
Get Decked Out For Race Day: The day of the event, get decked out in team costumes, with a decorated buggy to match! (If you need inspiration, Google the Chiditarod or Huntsville's Downtown Rescue Mission Carts 4 Hearts) With the food you collected in your decorated buggy, you'll take part in a wacky, whimsical food-sorting relay race.... but we aren't revealing the race details until the day-of to prevent cheating! Just be prepared for twists, turns, and shenanigans! And bring extra cash... there just might be opportunities to purchase sabotages (AKA "Speed Bumps") to put on other teams!
Raise Meals For Our Neighbors In Need: Your team will also be set up with a fundraising page on our website. Your team's personal link will be given to you after you register. Again, every $1 you fundraise provides enough food for 10 to 15 meals! Ask your family, friends, coworkers, etc. to support your team in the 'Boro Buggy Bash and help create a Hunger Free Tennessee. (Your registration fees will also be applied to your fundraising totals, so you already have a head start!) Sponsorships are also available and will be added to our website shortly. There will be awards and prizes for top fundraising team!
- There will be awards and prizes for Best in Show (Team that gives the best effort in all categories: costumes, fundraising, and food donations), Best Dressed, Top Fundraising Team, and Top Foodraising Team (determined by weight) and quite possibly surprise awards throughout the day!
- We will have a DJ, inflatables, and we are working on getting food trucks... stay tuned!
- We are so thankful to The Experience Community Church for letting us use their parking lot for this event. Let's be respectful: No damaging the property or environment, no pets, no mess... and no buggies left behind!
- This is an event based on shenanigans and wackiness. Bring a sense of humor!
- Click here to visit our FAQ page if you have questions. Don't be afraid to ask us anything! This is our first annual 'Boro Buggy Bash so we anticipate plenty of questions. Feel free to call, text, or e-mail Julie at (931) 993-4715 or email@example.com with any questions.